This recipe is a work in progress. We are working towards making a new family recipe and this is the latest version.
- 8 sloppy joes
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves; minced
- 2 medium Claussen pickles; diced
- 1/2 large white onion; chopped
- 1/2 cup celery; chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Turn on the Instapot and set to Sauté.
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients and set to the side.
- When hot, add the ground beef & garlic to the Instapot. Cook until the meat starts to brown.
- If desired, turn off the Instapot and drain the fat.
- Add pickles, onion, & celery to the meat. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off Sauté mode, add sauce & beef broth to the Instapot.
- Set Instapot to manual high pressure and cook for 7 minutes. Quick release the pressure when complete.
- If needed, turn on Sauté, add water & corn starch and cook until thick.