This spicy & sweet tea is good any time, but especially when you’re feeling under the weather. Fantastic warm or cold.
- 6 cups
- 5 minutes
- 8 minutes
- 6 cups purified water
- 1-1/2 tbsp fresh ginger; peeled and chopped
- 2 medium lemons; juiced (~1/2 cup fresh lemon juice)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup; grade B
- In the Vitamix, add the water & ginger. Blend from low to high for approximately 60 seconds. The water should turn yellow and the ginger should be pulverized. Any remaining chucks will be strained later.
- Add cinnamon & cayenne to the ginger mixture. Turn the Vitamix to the
Soupsetting and hit start.
- Once the liquid is hot and the Vitamix turns off, pour the mixture through a mesh strainer or cheese cloth to remove and remaining ginger pulp.
- Add the tea, lemon juice, & sweatener back into the Vitamix and give it a quick blend to mix the ingredients.
- Enjoy! Tweak to taste and serve warm. Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator.