A delicious Mexican recipe I grabbed from my sister-in-law. You can eat this with tortillas, ciabatta buns, top on a salad, or eat on its own. If in a hurry, try preparing with the Instapot.
- 20 minutes
- 6 hours
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 lb flank steak or pork shoulder
- Whisk together all spices with olive oil in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mixture onto flank steak (this can be done the night before or early in the morning to marinate for several hours).
- Whisk lime juice, lemon juice, soy sauce and vinegar together.
- Pour half the liquid into a greased crockpot.
- Place seasoned steak in the crockpot and cover with the remainder of juice mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours.
- Remove and let sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- Place the meat back into the crockpot and mix with juices before serving.